CMS became a buzz word in the web development industry because of its benefits as it stands for Content Management System. A CMS can have a number of meanings depending on the circumstances and the project objectives.
When someone in the web development business is talking about CMS (Content Management System), or ECMS (Enterprise Content Management System), then he / she is more likely referring a kind of online web management tool that enables an organization to manage web based GUI of their business website.
Purpose of Content Management System (CMS):
The main purpose of a Content Management System (relating to web) is to provide the functionality for a number of users with unique authorization levels to manage a website or a part of the content.
Business Benefits of Content Management System:
There are a broad range of business benefits that can be acquired by applying a CMS, such as:
- Structured authoring approach
- More quickly transformation time for new pages and modifications
- More significant reliability
- Improved site navigation
- Increased site flexibility
- Enhanced security
- Reduced duplication of information
- Greater capacity for growth
- Reduced site maintenance costs